An Anecdote from my Monsoon Diary


 I still remember it was pouring outside when Maa asked me to go to school. I was gifted an oversized raincoat before that monsoon. Reluctantly I put that on to head off towards my school which was 2 km away from my home. I was very short at that time compared to others who were my age. 

We didn't have any clue that the whole area was underwater due to heavy rainfall. And this situation gave me a hard time reaching my destination.  Somehow I went to my school in half-wet trousers.

 But this was not the story I want to share, the 2nd part is interesting, after completing 1st period I managed to get sick leave. While I was coming I found a bunch of people catching fish from a roadside pond. Though I am not a fish-lover what instinct came to my mind I don't know but I kept my bag aside and kept gazing my eyes on those people. 

They were way older than I was. I stood there for almost an hour with the hope that they would offer me a fish to carry home. But nobody offered me any. Eventually,  I became sad and about to leave for home, But meanwhile, a person noticed me and offered me a tiny fish. With an overwhelmed look I took that and ran towards home almost forgetting my bag. 

That moment when I got that fish, from that anonymous I became numb with joy. Couldn't utter a word to show my gratitude to him even though I couldn't have said anything. 

Anyway, that day is one of the memorable days in my Monsoon Diary. Although I had to take pills for a high fever after that day that I don't need to mention I guess.

Comments