JOURNEY IN THE CAPITAL OF BIRIYANI



It was 22nd May 2018 when I joined TCS. For the first time, my adrenaline rush reached its peak point when I got the Tag of TCS. I can still remember after wearing the tag I got several Goosebumps, in the next few days I got to know the legacy of this MNC when my parents tell this to my relatives that their son has gotten a job in TCS, Every single relative of us would ask me how I got the job. For the next couple of days, I spent a few days going through the systems and all the behavioral things which I suppose to learn.

Everything was going fine. But one fine morning I got an email that, I have been chosen for a process which is located in Hyderabad, it was the time when I found myself standing at a crossroads. Initially, I thought I would not go anywhere if they have the options for me in Kolkata only then I would work in TCS. But till that time I didn’t know that the person who lives in the cloud had something a different gift for me. I have discussed this with my family even I found that they are also in a dilemma. Anyhow after a long discussion with my family members, they gave me permission to join TCS in Hyderabad. On 14th June 2018, I left everything behind me in Kolkata for my job.

Folklore goes that the origin of Biryani is Hyderabad, so finally, I reached here to taste the Hyderabadi Biryani. Jokes apart as soon as I reached this city, the very next day I joined TCS Synergy Park. Coincidently I didn’t know what kind of job I have to do in this company. Though within the next 3 days, I got my process and got to know that I am going to be a part of the voice process.  Till that time it was okay, but when I heard it is going to be a ‘Sales process’ the mercury reached beyond the level. At that time I had two options, either continue the job or quit the job. I didn’t have the guts to leave the job so apart from this there are no options but to continue and stick with it whatever it is.

You know what, when you start thinking that everything is fine and it is going to be the same but wait the almighty has always something creepy challenge for you. The tragedy happened after 9 months. That process got ramped down in which I learned how to deal with customers. It was an oxymoron feeling that whatever you have learned so far those are no longer useful but at the same time, you’re going to learn new things Within a couple of days, I have been offered to join a new process which is also a sales process where I have to deal with rural people, initially, I thought it would be easier than the last one but on the very first day that new process left my jaw down. It’s not easier whatsoever but more difficult than the last one. My life became boring over the days in that new process, and I couldn’t adjust properly. During those days I fell into depression. I always try to be an optimistic person, but this time I couldn’t get rid of this depression. At that point in time, my life became monotonous. In this hustle and bustle of life, I forgot to smile. Few changes automatically came in my behavior only for that depression and those were noticeable. My Smile left me with a pale face.

 But there is a saying “after a storm, there is always a shiny day waiting for you”.  Fortunately, my manager is a gentle one; he understood, something was going wrong with me. One day he asked me, “where is your signature smile? I didn’t have an answer. He understood something which I don’t know till the time, but he suggested I do something a part of this hustle and bustle life which will give me fuel the run the monotonous life, he suggested I do exercise to keep my health fit. After that day a huge change has come into my life. I have started to give my best in the office and at the same time whenever I get the chance I try to do those things which give me happiness. Overall what I have understood is keeping a smile on your face can heal half of the problem without doing anything.

 Before I am going to stop this writing I must say, 15 months back I was a shy guy, who couldn’t talk a lot with people but ever since I joined TCS I learned the lesson of how to be familiar with new people and ambiance. I have been working here for the last 15 months. It is really great to work with extremely talented people. I couldn’t have written these words without the encouragement of my Manager and MY Team Leader. Thanks a ton to them and the entire TCS family.

Comments