Believe in positivity


Hello folks,

I hope you're doing terrific in your lives. So am I. Today I woke up with a mindset that I will write an anecdote from my TCS days. How I got into TCS.


Krishnendu, a half-bend, 24-year-old, with a tensed face was there next to me. Whining about his near future along with a lot of other tensions in mind. During Ramakrishna mission days I met this person first and got a really negative vibe from him. Instantaneously I decided to keep a healthy distance so that I would not get affected by his negative aura. 


After completing my graduation I was looking for a job that would help my daily expenses. I got this instinct that I hadn't any quality that could help me to get a normal back office job after my 10 interviews went in wet. I decided to work on communication skills to bag a job. At that time I heard there's an institution named 'Udbodhon' that offers self-grooming skills at no cost. At that time I met with this fellow and 25 others. There were many others who I do cherish a lot but today is not meant for them. 


I can't recall that exact date but it was a shiny day. I started early, by 5 am to reach the TCS building. When our interview started everybody's faces became pale due to an unknown fear! Somehow out of 25 people  8 people were asked to sit for the last to last round of interviews. Meanwhile, something took place that spread an eerie atmosphere in that room! One of our most talented candidates was eliminated. Nimai it was who was one of my favorite mates from that group. 


Now elimination of Nimai left our jaw down by 2 feet! I am not exaggerating. But still, I managed to keep my spinal cord straight. Krishnendu started whining and made everybody exhausted. He along with some other fellows started discussing their fate. What would happen with them? What will they do if they get rejections and all?  Although from the beginning I was damn determined about positive results, their negative vibes started to shake my willpower too. When he was about to discuss the same thing with me I lost my mind and shouted at him saying don't you dare come here with your negative vibes! 


"Do you know how to play the guitar? You know I also love to play the guitar in my free time. And love to travel too" I was totally stumbled!  These are not the words that you expect in a regular interview! Nei did I expect that. But I managed myself.

 Ye-s, yesss sir I know how to play! 

Wowww! Great, that's awesome! Someday we will have a gig together, what say?

O-h okay sir. He asked me some random questions after this. As Sarbani and I practiced more than a thousand times about these questions and how we should respond against these questions, so these became easy to tackle.


Now I have shared an anecdote by which you may think of the situation. but I hope that you want to know what is that exact thing that helped me to stay positive throughout the interview process! Right?


Day before this interview took place I had a conversation with maa.  I was late that day, when I came back home she was cooking silently in our small kitchen. A silent atmosphere was spread in that area. She had a fight with my father over something which I didn't know. With full of tears in her eyes, she prompted, only because of your education I have been tolerating all these disrespectful words! 


When I opened after the first thing I did was, throw my fist in the air saying yes I did it!


On that day I only pictured my mother's teary face saying, "I have been tolerating all these only because of your education".


Eventually, Krishnendu bagged the job along with a few other candidates also. 


Whenever I go deep down in memory lane, I feel  If I had spared a few seconds with Krishnendu discussing the aftermath of the interview I would have failed to crack the interview. 


This is the power of positive thinking. Once you start believing in yourself, you start to nourish the success in yourself.

Comments